What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10QB wing wire run fuse penetration?

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
RV10ers,

I don’t have my QB wings with me, So I can't check what the QB factory did on the wings for wire runs, and I want to drill my wing wire QB fuse penetrations. Below is the plans suggested location.
fuse_penetration.gif

I need to run (2 pitot lines (Airspeed + AOA), Aileron Trim Servo Wire, One Coax Antenna Wire, Landing + NAV + Strobe light wires. Clearly one penetration point is not going to be enough...

What did you guys with QB wings do for wing wire runs and QB fuse penetrations?

Thanks in advance,
Rudi

I haven't run wing wiring into the fuselage yet, so I can't show you what I did. I can tell you that there is no difference between the QB and the normal build.

Your wings will come with a hole in the wing ribs for a wiring run and one for the pitot line. I enlarged the wiring run hole on each wing rib to 3/4" and ran some flexible conduit that I got from Van's.

I ran the AOA tubing into the conduit, but left the pitot run per plans. I don't have any wingtip antennas, so I didn't run any coax, but I would think that the 3/4" conduit should be plenty big enough.

Here's a picture of the my wing runs:

FP24022009A00007.jpg

If Deems doesn't have a picture of how he ran wiring into the fuselage, then nobody does. I was planning one hole for the wiring and another for the pitot. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to run the AOA tube through the wiring hole or create another path for it.

Here is a picture of my left side. I did a slow build all the way.
http://www.wingscc.com/N2GB/FinalAssembly/100_3281.html
There are 2 coax (Marker & VOR), under it Strobe and Pitot and aft of these one connector for wing tip light, landing lights, stall, aileron trim and fuel level.

For the right side
http://www.wingscc.com/N2GB/FinalAssembly/100_3280.html
In this picture, you can just see the strobe connector. On both sides I think I put my strobe connector around where the plans call for the wiring penetration. In the picture aft is the single connector for the balance of the electrical plus you can see my flap position sensor.

Rudi,

Here's how I did it on my first RV10. Breakaway connections (not seen in the photo) are in the wing root:

1002179p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back