What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rv-10 wiring

airbal

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SUGGESTED WIRE AND COAX ROUTING DIAGRAM FOR THE RV-10 FUSELAGE? I'D LIKE TO INSTALL GROMMETS, ETC PRIOR TO PAINTING MYSELF INTO A CORNER.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SUGGESTED WIRE AND COAX ROUTING DIAGRAM FOR THE RV-10 FUSELAGE? I'D LIKE TO INSTALL GROMMETS, ETC PRIOR TO PAINTING MYSELF INTO A CORNER.
I would suggest you check out Tim's site for a large amount of information on this. Then work to other sites that have their wiring diagrams available.

You should be already be working on what equipment you will be installing.
That will drive what wiring you will require.

If you are going with a full IFR, then you will need a method of securing the tail wiring within the tail section. Under the baggage compartment, I would suggest at least 2 1" and maybe 3 1" conduit. See Tim's site for more details about this. For the mid section or area just forward of the main spar go with at least 2 snap bushings on each side. I am using 3 on each side and they are full. I think they are the 5/8" ID and 3/4" OD.
This is an area that each builder has to work up and it takes a large hunk of time to pre-engineer the wiring, but once you start pulling the thousand feet + of wiring, it will go much easier. And you will have a good chance of doing it right the first time you do it.

Back