What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Vibration Isolators by VIP

Chalkie

Hi Guys 'n Gals. I live in South Africa and have an RV-10 which was built by a friend; I then bought it from his estate.

The problem I found relates to the engine vibration isolators fitted to this engine. They were supplied by Vibration Isolator Products of San Fernando Ca. I have emailed them 4 times, with no reply. So go figure..

The problem I encountered was that the lower forward vibration isolators (not in compression) were clear/away from the motor mount lug/casting. It looks as though the spacer between the vibrator isolators is too long. Considering no one replied at VIP, I then machined the one spacer shorter by .050" and this solved the problem.

Have others had this sort of problem?

Regards, Chalkie.

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave.

Last edited:
Copy the IMG code from the TinyPic page and paste it where you want the photo to show up. The IMG code is in the second yellow box in the "Grab your code' section to the left of the photo.

In this case it's

2vkxq2u.jpg

You can use the "Preview Post" button to see if you got it.

Dave

Just saw this on a RV10 with 700 hrs. The owner replaced all 4 sets and no gap now.

Trying again...

Thanks Dave, I used the URL in the third box.:confused:

My aircraft has 110 hours only. TMX (Mattituck) Lycoming IO-540 (260 HP)

2gxqyis.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Since about 2010 Vans has supplied Lord Mounts for these parts. They said the older parts (VIP??) were no longer available.

Back