What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 upper nosegear intersection fairing??

Pierre,

The stock farings for the -10 do not have an upper fairing, the nose strut fairing just terminates with a pipe clamp after passing through the slot in the cowl at the top of the gear leg. Since this is a new product for Fairings etc it may not have been installed on an RV-10 yet but I could be wrong. After doing my fairings with Van's parts and seeing the product from Farings it would be WELL worth the extra cash to buy the aftermarket farings.

Yeah, Rick...

....I used all of Bob's fairings on the -6A and they fit like a glove. Might be time to break out the playdough and 'glass cloth.

Regards,

Last edited:
I wanted to order one for my -7A.. and came away just as confused as you did from Bob's site.. Sent him email 2-3 days ago and have not received a reply yet..

Looking at the drawing for nose gear fairings, I suspect that these will not work for the 10, due to the pivoting gear leg, these fairings look to be for the A models with the solid mounted, flexing leg.

Anybody else get this impression ??

Back