What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Tyres (Tires)

RV10inOz

Well Known Member
This is a topic a lot like which oil is best..... :D

Which are regardless of price the best tyres for the RV-10?

WHich are the cheapest/nastiest?

Which prove to be best bang for buck, and take into consideration the fact that changing them is work/effort and an extra 50% more life for 50% more money is actually better value overall.

Looking forward to the comments! :)

DB :cool:

Tires

Price have nothing to do,but don'touch the Good Year,the poorest quality tires you can find,still today can't match 2 similar caracteristics to install in my 10,
Normaly I. Don't talk bad about companies in the net,but also the dealer,the biggest one,have something to do here,if you want a full report,mail me at
[email protected]
Hugo

RV-10 tires

Well with over almost 30 years in aviation, USAF, workinhg at the largest FBO in Anchorage for several years and owning several airplanes, I have never had any issues with Flight Custome 3 from Good year, I have heard good things about certain recaps, but i can not go there my self, We used recaps in the Airforce and never seen any issues with them on the C-5 at 840,000 lbs gross war weights. We normally maxed out at 770,000 lbs except with a waiver, and i have done that several times.

I have not heard to many good reviews about the tires Vans provides but to use them and replace the tubes with the new leak stop tubes right up front. I am going to do that for sure. Airing up tires every 6 months vs every month is worth the cost to me,

Good Luck.

;)

Which leak stop tubes are these?

I am certainly interested in the most reliable set up, the cost is neither here nor there compared to one problem away from home, and our plane is only ever at home or far away!

Could not understand post #2. But I wil say I have used flight special III GOODYEAR'S on my Warrior for 20 years, and now on my 6A with no problems. They wear like iron and are in balance out of the box.

Last edited:
Which leak stop tubes are these?

I am certainly interested in the most reliable set up, the cost is neither here nor there compared to one problem away from home, and our plane is only ever at home or far away!

Go to http://www.vansaircrafttires.com/ the retreads are rated by Aviation consumer news as being 1st rated. Make sure you tell them what casing you want.
Desser has the leakproof tubes and Goodyear tires as well.

Pascal
RV-10 Finishing

Back