What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10: Twist in both R and L longerons?

fehdxl

Well Known Member
RV10 Page 29-3 step 3 says to bend a 2 degree twist in the F-1013-R Fwd Fuse Longeron at both the forward and aft ends, but does not specifically state to do it to F1013-L. I'm thinking I should do it to both from looking ahead, but am looking for some insight from those who have done this already. Thanks! Jim

Keywords
F1013
F-1013
Longerons

Van's decided to do right first in this section

then left. Sometimes leaving out doing the other side. Glad I am done with that long and confusing section. It seems like the plans get less detailed but then every once in awhile go back to being more detailed. How much time and cost would it take to just remain consistent throughout the plans? There would be less head scratching going on.

Don't worry about your longerons if they are not perfect. Match the template as close as possible. It was impossible for me to keep them from varying up and down. When you clamp/cleco them in place they will be fine. Back to riveting the tailcone with my wife.

Ron B. said:
Yes it does. Look between step 1 and step 2. Repeat this step to curve the F-1013-L.
Ron

True, but that was for the large curve, not the 2 degree twist at both ends.

Wayne Gillespie said:
Sometimes leaving out doing the other side.

Roger that...I agree about being consistent.

Thanks guys!

Jim

Back