What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Trim Tab Noise

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
Here's an odd one that I am wondering if anyone else has noticed.

When slowly moving the elevator to full deflection, I notice a tiny noise like a click coming from the right side elevator. When looking it appears that the grommet the elevator trim cable goes through on the right side is shifting ever so slightly as it makes this noise. I think it's due to the bending motion on that cable. Just wondering if anyone else at all has noticed this?

Thanks,
Steve

Yep, I have the exact same thing and am pretty sure it's the trim cables. It did not make that noise before I installed the trim.

-Rob

You might also remove the cable from the horn and try moving the tab by hand. It's possible the hinge isn't perfectly straight and a little binding is causing the click.

Phil

I have the same thing going on. I know it started after installing the trim tab cables. I now plan on checking what you came up with as the source. Thanks!

Anyone else either having this happen or not having it happen?

I'm thinking of sticking a little caulk around the grommet that appears to be shifting and causing this.

Steve

Back