What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Tour / Ride near Chicago area

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - I am really enjoying the 7A that I finished last year, but I am really missing building. Additionally, there have been several times when I really wished that I had 4 seats so that I could take the whole family. As a result, my wife and I have started exploring the possibility of building a RV-10.

At Oshkosh, I was able to climb in and "try-on" Van's RV-10 for size. Unfortunately, some family issues prevented my wife from being able to come to Oshkosh this year.

Before we start getting ahead of ourselves, I'd really like to be able to show my wife what a 10 looks like up close and to try it on for size with her. Ideally, I'd love to go for a short ride so that I can see how the 10 feels in the air compared to the 7A that I am used to.

Now that my 7A is done, anywhere within a couple of hundred of miles of the Chicago area is easily doable in a morning or afternoon.

I'd be glad to offer a ride in my 7A if that is of any interest to a 10 owner.

Thanks,
Jason

Hey - I am really enjoying the 7A that I finished last year, but I am really missing building. Additionally, there have been several times when I really wished that I had 4 seats so that I could take the whole family. As a result, my wife and I have started exploring the possibility of building a RV-10.

At Oshkosh, I was able to climb in and "try-on" Van's RV-10 for size. Unfortunately, some family issues prevented my wife from being able to come to Oshkosh this year.

Before we start getting ahead of ourselves, I'd really like to be able to show my wife what a 10 looks like up close and to try it on for size with her. Ideally, I'd love to go for a short ride so that I can see how the 10 feels in the air compared to the 7A that I am used to.

Now that my 7A is done, anywhere within a couple of hundred of miles of the Chicago area is easily doable in a morning or afternoon.

I'd be glad to offer a ride in my 7A if that is of any interest to a 10 owner.

Thanks,
Jason

We are a little further se, but an RV make it here pretty quickly. There are several 10s at KDLZ. I'm just about to start Phase I, so I can't give any rides, but certainly your family can sit in it to get the feel. There are a couple other flying RV-10s in the area may be willing to give a ride, but I don't want to make any commitments for them. Email me and I'll provide contact information so that you can contact them directly.

There are a few in southern Wisconsin. Have you looked in the white pages on VAF?

Back