What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Steps on RV-7A

Bruce

Well Known Member
Friend
Went and saw a friends RV-10 and had some thoughts on the steps for my 7A. Need to do some research on the subject. If anyone can do some measurements and also a part # for the 10 gear support and leg I would appreciate it.
1. How long is the 10 step vs the 7A step.
2. Cost of the 10 steps ?? $190 for the 7A set.
3. Removable if you have removable floors.
4. Won't run into while building!!!!!!
5. Weight difference ??

I do believe that it is a better setup than the welded flange on the 7A steps as they come right now.

Any other thought,:rolleyes:

Hey Ty,

I was thinking about using a hinge or just cutting the 747 to 4" or whatever that is wide enough to get in there and then putting platenuts on that area only, not the whole floor. I did find a drawing on the web site about the regular steps for a 7A and am considering putting the 10 flange on the 625 rib. Is the 623 just a stiffner ?????
Another thought was to use the 6125 Nylon holder on both the 626 and 625 ribs and then using the 10 flange on the inside of the fuselage skin missing the 624 stiffner.

I don't know if the steps on a 7A are the same as the steps on a 9A. But I made my 9A floor removeable as I thought that I might need to remove the steps some time. A friend of mine with a 9A had his right side step broken by one of his over weight riders.:mad: He took it off had had it rewelded. If the floor was removeable the job would not have beed to bad.

Hey Ty,

... Is the 623 just a stiffner ?????

Dunno. Not very far along on this myself, but I ran across that other post a few days ago. What you propose *sounds* simple enough, but I might try a big piece of carboard or something of that ilk as a test run to see if it's going to work the way you want it to. Likely someone else will chime in with another idea.

Ok,
Had time to do some real homework. Found a web site with 10 plans on it. Thanks Tim O. Anyway you can see the what the plans show and I will post a few pics. Can the 1006 be riveted on the inside of the fuselage skin, and can you use the blocks on 2 ribs to make it stronger. I do think these steps are the way to go.

The prices were not on the LIST so I had to send an email to VAN's. The WD-1007-L and R are $125.00 each. The Flange WD-1006-L-PC ?? are $130.00 each. I think I will pass on the doubler and build it myself so the
price difference is $60.00 for removable step.

7 A step is 13" long.
Does anyone know the length of the 10 step.

Thanks,

Back