What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Static Line Routing

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
RV10'ers

I did a search and only got one relevant hit on the RV10 static line routing but it was not good enough, so I am going to ask...

Where is the best place to route the static lines on a RV10 from the rear to the front?
(On my RV7 we routed it just below the left longeron all the way from the back to the front, but where on a RV10)

Thanks in advance.
Rudi

Last edited:
You could do the same thing in the RV-10 and then drop under the middle cabin deck. Although you would probably want an interior panel to cover up the upper section in the baggage area. A panel from either Aerosport Products or Classic Aero would do the trick.

I'm getting ready to do mine too and haven't decided the route yet either. I may run up through one of the conduits. It's on my list of to do items after I complete the instrument panel, lower console, and arm rest console. I suspect it will be the first of the year, since my priority in December is getting my PMP certification.

bob

Routing

I passed mine along with wires from the rear through a new hole/bushing in the bulkhead behind the baggage compartment, under the longeron (and cover) through the lightening holes and bushings on the right side up to the panel.

Rudi,

I think most people are putting the T slightly above the right static port and then routing the lines up the right side (uphill).

I am planning a slightly different approach. I'm going to put the T directly between the two ports at the nearest tailcone bulkhead. Then run the static lines forward through the overhead console.

All is theory at this point though.

Phil

I ran mine up to a T on the top bulkhead, then ran it along the top through the next forward bulkhead to another T. One line goes to my GRT AHARS located right there above the battery, and the other line hugs the bulkhead down to floor, where it runs forward to the panel for my D-10 backup.
I made dedicated snap bushings all the way forward so the static line doesn't have to share space with "lowly" wires....
John

Phil, were you planning to go through the canopy support to get from the overhead to the panel?

That's what I am planning on, but I'm not 100% sure I have the room inside the support.

If I can't make it fit, I'll have to find an alternate route down. Probably behind an interior closeout panel. \\

Back