What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 seatbelt options

White

I'm New Here
Can anyone send me details on fitting retractor seat belts to front seats.
Would prefer dual shoulder straps.
Cheers
Tony:)

PS I'm new to site so still learning how to use

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Tony, welcome to VAF. Good to have you aboard.

As to the retracting seat belts, you might have a bit of a difficult time doing that.

Dual shoulder straps need to be in the correct location to work right.

This means the buckle must be centered side to side on your belly.

To do this, and maintain adjustability, the lap belt needs to have adjusters on each side.

The retractors I know of only work on a simple single layer of strap.

By the time you get the adjustable stuff on the sides, I suspect there wont be much strap left to retract.

Hope this makes sense.....

Going to cop some flak again here for sure, but when racing I strap myself in to a point where I can hadly breath, then after a warm up lap, on the grid, I get another tweak out of them:)

Now you may not do that in your plane, but if I had time in an emergency, other than one that hapens in an instant, I would have everyone do the same, inertial belts do not offer the same deal.

I think the extra weight, trouble and the less protection.....not worth it.

Can anyone send me details on fitting retractor seat belts to front seats.
Would prefer dual shoulder straps.
Cheers
Tony:)

PS I'm new to site so still learning how to use

Tony, seems to be some confusion about what you are asking here.

Are you looking for seat belt retractors, to keep the seat belt out of the way when not in use, or you looking for inertia reels for the shoulder harness?

This is what I am used to calling a seat belt retractor.

41ZIzF6Q8AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Notice in the following photo, the shoulder harness are attached to a inertia reel, but the seat belt has no retractors on it.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Back