What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Quick Build Wings

vindino

Just got the quick build wings. im still working on the tailcone but was looking at the wing plans and saw that they are the complete set. is there an easy way to tell which steps are accomplished and which steps need to be accomplished?

Van's wants you to go thru all steps in your manual and it's your responsibility to ensure that all is assembled correctly. You are going to be the test pilot.

There are steps in the plans identified as Quickbuild. Page through the plans and highlight those steps. Do check the others, though, as sometimes they aren't always highlighted and become apparent when installing subsequent systems. One example I noticed was the forward bearings on the aileron control system on the inboard ribs. They weren't installed.

Vic

Just got the quick build wings. im still working on the tailcone but was looking at the wing plans and saw that they are the complete set. is there an easy way to tell which steps are accomplished and which steps need to be accomplished?

There is really no way around it, you need to start reading the plans and checking them off. I asked the same question when I first got mine. There is no reason to start on page one. Pick a place you'd like to start and get to it. I started with the fuel tanks and checked off things that I found done or that I did. Fitting the flaps and ailerons is another good place to start. One day you will discover every page is checked off.
John

Back