What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Polished Exterior Door handle

Bart

Well Known Member
I installed polished aluminum exterior door handles from Full Throttle (Rivet Head). It would appear these are no longer avilable and I need to replace one of them. Does anyone know where these might be available.

I haven't followed the history of the Rivethead saga but offer this to the community for consideration. I own a machine shop in Texas and, if there is demand, could produce some of these or other "orphaned" products in the RV space.

I wouldn't want to do this as a one off and, while I love the community and want to support my fellow builders, have a business to run that needs to make money in order to survive so I'd have to evaluate what a realistic cost to make and sales price could be.

As everyone probably already knows its hard to make any money on making just one thing as the learning curve, CNC programming time, ievitable scrap pieces, make small production runs expensive on a per item basis.

Also, to make any of this stuff I'd need a sample to reverse engineer the thing.

If there is interest I'll pt some effort into figuring out how it could be done.

Back