What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Plans

dandrewmd11

I'm New Here
Thanks to Mark Ritter and N410MR I took my first flight ever in a Van's aircraft and it was in Mark's beautiful RV 10 based in Lockhart Texas. I am having trouble sitting still tonight because of the bug biting me. :) Anyway, I am curious as to why it is NA to buy a set of plans from Van's to look over them without buying a kit? I am probably just a few months away from pulling the trigger on an airplane although I honestly am still trying to decide which way to go, the RV 10 is WAY up on the list.

No Preview Plans for the RV-10

Preview plans are available for all RV's except the -10. The reasoning for this is somewhere on Van's site, but I can't seem to find it now. Something to do with the format of them.

You can find most (if not all) of the -10 plans on Tim Olson's site here (right side of the page, you'll have to click on the links for the different sub-kits)

Hope this helps!

I hope you took your wife along if you are married. Get the boss enthusiastic and you'll get what you want. :D

I got my wife helping with building my RV-10. She just loves to deburr, move clecos (with the pneumatic clecoer), vacuum the shop and she wants a full glass panel for the plane.

Did already say I married the perfect woman?

RV 10

doctornigel said:
I hope you took your wife along if you are married. Get the boss enthusiastic and you'll get what you want. :D

I got my wife helping with building my RV-10. She just loves to deburr, move clecos (with the pneumatic clecoer), vacuum the shop and she wants a full glass panel for the plane.

Did already say I married the perfect woman?

No, she didn't go but every trip through the TSA security maze and a ride on an RJ convinces her. She likes flying "small" airplanes.

RV 10

FlyerJumper said:
Preview plans are available for all RV's except the -10. The reasoning for this is somewhere on Van's site, but I can't seem to find it now. Something to do with the format of them.

You can find most (if not all) of the -10 plans on Tim Olson's site here (right side of the page, you'll have to click on the links for the different sub-kits)

Hope this helps!

Wow! Great site. I bookmarked it and will be doing a lot of reading. I fly for a living and one thing about that is I like pictures. I have to convert words into pictures for my mind to grasp. He has a great way with both. I can see having a lot of "advice" from many sources is the way to go. I just looked at your site also and it made the bookmark list. I live down in Round Rock so I will probably beg more info. later.
Thanks.

Last edited:
RV-10 Ride

Dan,

It's always fun giving a "first RV ride". Let's do it again sometime. Slowing down to 75 kts. on final versus 160 kts. you are use to had to be a different experience.

Anyone else thinking about an RV-10 and wants a first hand experience on how they fly shoot me an email and we'll make it happen.

Mark
RV-10 / N410MR
[email protected]

RV 10

Mark said:
Dan,

It's always fun giving a "first RV ride". Let's do it again sometime. Slowing down to 75 kts. on final versus 160 kts. you are use to had to be a different experience.

Anyone else thinking about an RV-10 and wants a first hand experience on how they fly shoot me an email and we'll make it happen.

Mark
RV-10 / N410MR
[email protected]

Mark
Again I can't thank you enough. Now the hunt for money!

dandrewmd11 said:
I just looked at your site also and it made the bookmark list. I live down in Round Rock so I will probably beg more info.
Anytime! Look forward to hearing from you...

Sections 1-5??

I own a set of -7 preview plans. My question: what is included in sections 1-5for the -10 - is it basically the same as the -7?

Rv-10 plans

they don't offer the complete set of plans like the other kits as you have found out. But you can buy them in sections thru their on line catalog. Either the Store or the List. I forget. I bought the complete empenage plans and looked them over a couple of months before actually making the purchase. the detail and completeness of the plans encouraged me to order the empanage kit and get started building. HTH, Dan

Wow, the RV-10 plans are nice

I took a look at the RV-10 plans on the website. I'm building an RV-9 and I'll have to say the RV-10 plans look absolutely fantastic compared to the RV-9. Man I wish Van's would upgrade the RV-9 plans to this more detailed and integrated drawing format. They look wonderful!

RV-9 vs. RV-10 plans

I haven't compared any of the other plans to each other as the -10 is my only experience. However, several times folks have told me the same thing you said. I guess they are getting better with practise!:D

I took a look at the RV-10 plans on the website. I'm building an RV-9 and I'll have to say the RV-10 plans look absolutely fantastic compared to the RV-9. Man I wish Van's would upgrade the RV-9 plans to this more detailed and integrated drawing format. They look wonderful!

rv 12

I'm building a -10. My brother built a -9A. The plans/instructions for the -10 are far superior to all the previous RVs.
At this moment, I'm on my way home from OSH. I visited with Ken Scott for a while, & asked him how the plans for the RV12 compared to the -10. He said they were probably easier to read & follow than the -10.:)

Marshall Alexander
RV10 N781DM
fuse/cabin top

I just bought the complete set of plans $250, and figured if i didnt like the plane I would try to get a refund or ebay em. Well our wings will be here next month. you can't go wrong with the 10 buy the tools and get started you will love it

RV-10 plans

I've been watching my friend build a Zenith CH-701 "Quick Build". What's quick about it is beyond me! If I had to work off those plans I NEVER would have started my -10. Besides the plans, he also has to do a lot of fabrication and jig making. Yeck! What has helped him a great deal is that he found a DVD that explains the process step by step. That has helped a great deal.

Back