What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Overhead Console

Mike Gleason

I'm New Here
I am about finished with my fuselage and will soon begin to install the fiberglass cabin cover. I will be adding an overhead console, and I like the one from Accuracy Avionics. I have been trying to reach them for some time (email, phone) with no luck. So here are my two questions:
- Is Accuracy still making the overheads and how do I get a hold of them?
- What have others done in the overhead?

Thanks,
Mike

Unfortunately Tony passed away a few weeks ago so Accuracy Avionics probably isn't an option. I've heard that the Flightline AC folks have a similar unit but don't know if they sell it without the air conditioning system.

Bob

Unfortunately Tony passed away a few weeks ago so Accuracy Avionics probably isn't an option. I've heard that the Flightline AC folks have a similar unit but don't know if they sell it without the air conditioning system.

Bob

Flightline, SteinAir, and Redmond Air all have them. As to which one is the best, who knows. I've heard good comments about all three. I've got pricing from each of them, but making comparisons is tough. Especially sight unseen.

Welcome !!!!

Mike, welcome to VAF.

IIRC, Stein has some of the old Accuracy units.

Give them a call.

That is correct. We did get some of the Accuracy units, but have no more. That being said, I know for a fact that Steve Raddatz has made a new mold for an overhead console with a few improvements and they will be selling shortly. Price will be a bit lower, and quality should be better. Of course most of them had pretty much been designed around our vents anyway.

I should have more details and pictures of Steve's overheads within a week or two....stay tuned!

Cheers,
Stein

Ok, The overheads are finally ready and we are popping one out of the mold everyday and a half. For more info and a picture you can go to NonStopAviation.com or click on the link below. I also believe Stein from SteinAir is going to put together a package deal to include our overhead with vents, lights and switches.

www.nonstopaviation.com

Steve

Last edited:
Take a look at Geoff Combs' new site (www.aerosportproducts.com). He's got a new design for an overhead console. For those that don't know Geoff, he's manufactures the carbon fiber instrument panel that Stein has been selling.

I will admit that I'm a little biased here, since he used my canopy to create a digital scan that was used to create the overhead console.

He also has quite a few other goodies for RV-10 builders too.

bob

Last edited:
Back