What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Just Started

NLakins

I'm New Here
I purchased my empennage kit on Nov. 28 from a lady who lost her husband. I have had it for 2 months and have been reading and studying almost constantly. I want to thank all of you for your posts and information you have freely given. I will be posting some pics soon so wish me luck. I live in East TN and would like to take a ride in a 10 sometime before mine gets done so if anyone is ever in the area message me and I'll buy lunch or something. Oh and one more thing I am a student pilot and I am approximately 3/4 of the way through my training.

Nick Lakins

RV-10 Under Construction

Welcome Nick!

You'll find a lot of support here as you build your -10. And BTW, I was a student pilot when I started my RV-6.

We're looking forward to the updates!

v/r,
dr

You can totally do this.

I'm a student pilot! I've done my solo and started on cross countries but I haven't got my ticket yet.. So if I can do it, you can do it!

Time management

is key... I just finished my ppl last year (feb). Started on the kit in March. Been a blast so far. Have def learned a lot just by building. Did a SB fuse and ordered a QB wings. Gonna finish the dreaded Section 29 today (it deserves the reputation).

So in just under a year, I have the emp completed, wings in storage, and hopefully the hardest and most-time consuming parts of the fuse completed. To do that, you sacrifice things. I haven't flown much this past year.

Keep flying and build on the days that are overcast

Use the search feature and ask away. Or vent when things get frustrating...

Shawn

Welcome..

..to the madness. Prioritize your time and money wisely and tread lightly with your spouse or significant other, as their support of the project is essential. If you have kids, don't let the joke below become your reality:

Kids: Mommy, we want to go play at the neighbor's house.
Mom: No, you have to do your homework first.
Kids: We finished our homework.
Mom: Well, first you have to eat your dinner.
Kids: We're not hungry.
Mom: Well then, ask your father.
Kids: Who's our father?
Mom: He's the guy in the garage!

Back