What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Interior Space

dhsa

I'm considering buying an RV-10 and need to know the interior dimensions of the cabin. I know the width is 48", but the space between the back of the front seats and the back of the cabin is what I need to know. I will be doing most of my flying with only the 2 front seats in place and want to know how much space is available for other items.

Also, if anyone has comparison charts or comments of a -10 to A36 please let me know.

Thanks for responding!!

The following photo was taken several years ago in Dave Saylor's RV-10. I'm 6' 2" and sitting in his back seat. I took this picture to show my wife how much space was in the rear. My heals are against the rear seat and I wear size 14 shoes. You can see how much space is between the front seat back and my knees. She was used to our Cherokee 180 where her knees were digging into the seat back. As you can see, there is plenty of space in a RV-10

FP31012008A0002T.jpg

I managed to...

get myself, two adult triathletes, all their race gear (including two bicycles), and my stuff into the RV-10. I even left all the usual things I keep in the airplane back there (tools, cover etc.). Took off with full tanks for a 4 hour flight to Knoxville, TN too.

The RV-10 has an amazing amount of room and the doors allow you to fit really big things in the back.

BTW, I didn't even have to take either of the back seats out to do that trip.

Be glad to..

Also, if anyone has comparison charts or comments of a -10 to A36 please let me know.

Thanks for responding!!

Simple...it'll outrun an A-36 by at least 15 MPH..also Comanches, 210's and Mooneys..:)

I just measured mine and there's a tad under 6 feet from my seatback to the rear baggage wall.

Best,

CaraVANS

I would go with the RV-10 for a number of reasons. I can help if space is really important to you. We make a belly pod for the RV-10 which easily accomodates bicycles, 8ft 2x4s, golf clubs, skis, etc... while keeping the weight near the center of gravity. I usually fly with a 250cc motorcycle so I have ground transportation when I land.

IMG_5295L.jpg

www.MotorcyclePilot.com

Could sleep back there?

Simple...it'll outrun an A-36 by at least 15 MPH..also Comanches, 210's and Mooneys..:)

I just measured mine and there's a tad under 6 feet from my seatback to the rear baggage wall.

Best,

Wow! The bed of my Volvo 240 is just over 6' and I sleep in that.
With the back seats out, is it essentially flat from the seats to the rear baggage wall? Great to know if you go airplane camping and get caught in a downpour. Just sleep in the plane:)

I drive a small car..........in Australia we call it the 200 series Toyota Landcruiser.......:)

The RV 10 has as much if not more space in the rear....not as wide but legroom is enormous!

DB

Yeah, just to be practical....

Wow! The bed of my Volvo 240 is just over 6' and I sleep in that.
With the back seats out, is it essentially flat from the seats to the rear baggage wall? Great to know if you go airplane camping and get caught in a downpour. Just sleep in the plane:)

...I purposely measured from my shoulder area and not near the bottom of the pilot's seat, where there is more length yet. With the exception of the footwell area, the rear is basically flat. Also, the front seat could be slid another 3" or so further forward than I had it. I measured from my flying position.

Best,

Back