What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Emp on the way!

Congrats!

Do you know your builder number yet?

I'm just curious as to what the RV-10 sold number is up to these days.

bob

Congrats!

Do you know your builder number yet?

I'm just curious as to what the RV-10 sold number is up to these days.

bob

Sorry Bob,

I don't know yet. I suppose I could have asked over the phone, but I didn't. Too excited I guess. :)

Mike

All-right!

Congrats finally Mike! Took a while huh? We meeting up this weekend? Panel's not here yet but should be any day now.

Dwight

Congratulations Mike! I look forward to hearing about your progress.
I will most likely be in Ft. Collins again late this summer and will see if we can meet up.

The Coolest Builder Number EVER!

Bob,

So I found out today that I am RV-10 Builder #1234! How cool is that! I finished insulating my garage last night (late) and should recieve my emp kit tomorrow. I'm sooooooooooooo excited.

Dave,

I think it's great that you'll be in town again this summer. I never did get a chance to thank you (other than verbally) for the ride in your 10 last year. Maybe we can have you over for dinner while you're in town.

Dwight,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting on your panel, but hey, you're almost flying, so I have less pity for you. :) I'd really like to see your 10 again in its current state. Let's get to gether this weekend. I'll call you.

Mike

Bob,

So I found out today that I am RV-10 Builder #1234! How cool is that! I finished insulating my garage last night (late) and should recieve my emp kit tomorrow. I'm sooooooooooooo excited.

Wow! The kit population has doubled since mine.......

That's an easy number to remember.

Just make sure you have plenty of parts bins ready for all the little plastic and paper bags you're going to get tomorrow.

bob

Just make sure you have plenty of parts bins ready for all the little plastic and paper bags you're going to get tomorrow.
bob

Bob,

Any suggestions on size, brand, number of containers. I was planning to go to Harbor Freight and just see what they had available, but if you have any advice on organization, I'd love to hear it.

Mike

We can talk

I can show you lots of stuff, including suggestions on how to organize, when you come by.

Give me a call.

Dwight

I used two of these http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...talogId=10053&productId=202021301&R=202021301. One for bolts and misc, and the other for rivets. It would out perfect for the number of parts and items and was a great way to make sure nothing was spilled or knocked over when not in use. I initially labeled each bin with the bag # things came from, but soon realized you are better off labeling each bin with the part # as that is what the plans refer to. Very much worth the effort. There will be some single items that you will leave in with other single items from a bag and in that case I just labeled it with the bag # or multiple labels if space permitted.

I also got about 6 or so of these - http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 to hold sheetmetal parts and accessories that werent flat stock or could be easily lost.

I went with a HD solution too. Here's a photo of my original setup. I've now grown to four of these now. I've been very anal in labeling each drawer with the part numbers they contain. For the most part, these has worked very well. I don't track anything by bag # once it's been inventoried.

bob

FP16112010A000DM.jpg

Ref Steve Martin in The Jerk - The new tail kit's here!! The new tail kit's here!!

WOOHOO! My emp is on the way and will be here tomorrow!

Mike, if you run out of ideas after discussing with Dwight, then I have a billion more for you to consider :)

Still waiting for that phone call to visit your shop or for you to visit mine.

Congrats on step number one. Be sure not to let the delivery guy leave until you inspect the packages on the outside, and open them up and check for damage on the inside. You'll be able to tell fairly quickly if anything got dinged by a forklift or not.

Let me know if you need any help with inventory. As for storage - I found the drawers I wanted at HF, and absolutely did NOT find the ones I wanted at HD. Check out my blog and you'll see one of them up on the bench.

Bryan

Still waiting for that phone call to visit your shop or for you to visit mine.

Bryan

Sorry Bryan. We've been pretty busy. Maybe this weekend... I finished insulating my garage and Aneta's working on staining/finishing some new doors I'll have to install in our master bath. THEN, I still have to epoxy the floor, install overhead lights, etc. etc. I thought the tail kit would take at least 2 weeks to deliver, but I guess they are sending them out the door pretty fast these days.

Mike

Back