What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 door strap

lcnmrv8r

Hey all. Ok, so last week I went with a friend to pick up the RV10 he bought. Great trip. One thing that we want to do is add a strap to the door to aid in closing.

So has anybody done it before? I haven't researched the door structure. Anything I need to watch out for or do I just make a strap and attach it with a doubler behind the glass?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Seth

We just took a short piece of strap/webbing and attached it to the door frame with an screw and tinnerman washer to spread out the force. Worked fine.

Vic

strap

we fashioned a strap that slips over one of the braces for the gear and loops over the door handle. it allows the door to be 'secure' but open 4 inches for air on ground, and then when door closed, an excellent safety strap. works great. no screws, etc. only problem might be in forced landing for someone to open door from outside. frankly, if you don't know how to open the 10 doors, i'm not sure an amateur could open the doors anyway, and i want to protect from losing a door. larry

Door straps

In helping a friend build his RV-10 (just completed and flown this last month at S17, Trenton, SC), I used a couple lanyards that folks hang around their neck for I.D.'s etc. they work great ...we got USC ones....don't know that it will help their game. We have the flush door latches from S Africa which are configured different on the inside. We have a small piece of aluminum U-channel attached on the inside door handle to assist in door closure...so just drilled a small hole in it to attach the lanyard ring.

Ed Booth
RV-6
RV-7
RV-9A
RV-10
Cessna 170-B

Back