What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Crow harness

clutch22

Well Known Member
Is it normal for the crow end fittings to have a 1/4" hole in them? I saw in some old threads that they used to have bigger holes and people would have to turn down washers to adapt to them.
If I used a bushing, like the plans call for, I wouldn't feel comfortable with the remaining ligament left in the fitting around the attach bolt. Are people just using a 1/4" screw with no bushing? Or did they give me the wrong size of end fitting?

The picture shows the 5/16" screw that the plans call for, next to the 1/4" hole.

35O2Q8HCTzogrm--QUcwHxXN5GfBothNkcuoL9bXulKQZsXoHu48yAaNRjo9NIUHn75GUYLhxg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

I just purchased a Crow harness and they are great to work with.
I wanted 1/4" holes as opposed to their 7/16" brackets, so I asked and they said no problem.
Received them four days later, got exactly what I asked for, and they look great!
If you need the other brackets they'll fix you up.

Last edited:
I just purchased a Crow harness and they are great to work with.
I wanted 1/4" holes as opposed to their 7/16" brackets, so I asked and they said no problem.
Received them four days later, got exactly what I asked for, and they look great!
If you need the other brackets they'll fix you up.

When I was looking at this issue yesterday, I didn't even notice that the brackets can be slipped off :eek:. I was thinking they were sewn on. I'll consider my options. Thanks.

Back