What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Cowl/taxing light

Aerosport1

Well Known Member
After flying my RV-10 for over 300 hrs and numerous night landings I realized the wing tip lights did not light up the center of the runway once on the ground. I also elected not to mount leading edge lights at the time of construction and put some big HID's in. They worked great until about 25 feet above ground. So my solution was to develope a taxi light that will fit in the nose cowl. Attached is a picture of the final product. This light can be installed in any flying RV-10. No painting of the cowl is required. You will just need to paint the light fixture to match your Paint. This will be a new product from Aerosport Products and available soon after testing. There are 2 light options that will fit the fixture. Installation of the light fixture only takes about 2 Hrs once light is painted.
0_0_a1edbf4377f82872f1e81285fd972529_1

http://aerosportproducts.com

LED's and vibration

This seems just what the doctor ordered! Will it be at Osh?
How does LED lights do in presence of vibration? I seem to remember that filament bulbs have a shortened life when fitted to the cowl or landing gear.
Thanks.
Johan

The LED's should hold up for a long time. Much better than the old filament bulbs. My airplane will be at Oshkosh to see the light installed. I also will have
A sample of what will come in the light kit. They should be available a couple weeks after Oshkosh

Geoff
http://aerosportproducts.com

Last edited:
rv-7

nice!!
My rv-10 just came back from from the paint shop. I don'T want to cut anything more this year.

But i have a rv-7a in construction. Any chance it will fit the rv-7a cowling?

nice!!
My rv-10 just came back from from the paint shop. I don'T want to cut anything more this year.

But i have a rv-7a in construction. Any chance it will fit the rv-7a cowling?

You won't damage your paint by cutting the hole. Geoff installed his this past week without damaging his paint job. The only thing you have to do is paint the mount the color of your cowl.

Very interesting. I have also been thinking along these lines and have started planning, but no hardware yet.

Back