What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 cargo pod?

Dmadd

Well Known Member
I while back I saw a 10 with a cargo pod under it. Was this a one of a kind or does someone sell them for installation? If so, what would be the weight capacity and and the performance hit?
Used to fly Kingairs with a pod like that and there was no speed hit at all on those... Sure would be nice to keep the luggage outside, and maybe build in more rear seat leg room...

Dmadd

Dmadd
First time I heard someone running out of rear leg roam?

I agree, even with the front seats back all the way, most folks will still have 6" of space in front of their knees. Since the rear seats don't move other than taking them out all together, leg room doesn't buy much for cargo. That is unless you only have two on board.

Thanks for the interest in our pods. We?re doing everything we can to keep the prices down and we now offer unpainted pods at a reduced price. The full retail prices are shown in our catalog but our sales agents are making some special arrangements for our early customers. Please give me a call and I?ll be happy to see what we can do for you. David Shelton, 847-651-4373

Our pods are more expensive to manufacture due to the patent-pending winch system, laser-cut latches and fuselage hard-point kit. However, these features make the pods more useful. They can be attached/removed from the airplane in 30 seconds so you can decide when to use it. This allows us to offer a massive pod (25 cubic feet) with the lowest average drag (zero drag when you aren?t using it). The pods may also be removed to ?top-load? really big items that don?t fit through a hatch. This makes them great for bicycles, skis, golf clubs, 2x4s, surfboards, camping gear, etc.

For the folks who want to get around, we offer an optional motorcycle which folds to fit inside. You can remove the motorcycle, unfold the handlebars and ride away in under two minutes. The street-legal machine hauls two adults down the highway at 85mph and the combination of air + ground transportation makes it easy to utilize small airports, visit new places and explore destinations.

We?ve been really busy working on our first STC?d installations and we?re starting some very interesting new projects. We also recently received a grant from the Wolf Aviation Fund and Plane & Pilot Magazine included us in the ?Top 11 New Products.? I?ll try to post a full update next week.

PodInFlight_sm.jpg
removable_pods03.jpg
motorcycles.jpg

Back