What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Builders in NE Ohio

johnfurey

Well Known Member
I have a friend just starting on his RV10 tail in the Canton/Akron area. He would like to make contact with any other builders around him.

I have a friend just starting on his RV10 tail in the Canton/Akron area. He would like to make contact with any other builders around him.

I think we (other RV-10 builders) are all further south.....

There are two 90% completed RV-10s at KDLZ. A couple flying RV-10s near KLHQ. Another 90% done at KPMH and I think there is another one in the Dayton area.

I was hoping to have my done in time for your annual fall UFO, but the new job slipped my first flight until the spring.

Have your friend PM or email me. My email address is in the OHRV db if you don't have it.

bob

All of the local -10 builders have helped tremendously...

I live in Ky and based at PMH. I think there are only two -10's in Ky. Jim C. KLEX is the one I personally know.

Installed rudder hdwr last night. Boy that felt good. W&B, pitot static, xpdr test Mon. Another month or so...that is what I said last month.

Tell your friend to call anytime after Dec 1st. Cell 606 three one six 9020 or wayne dot gillispie at yahoo dot com.

Two years Dec 1st...all it takes is 20 hrs/wk, money, tools, a bunch of good building buddies(some with lots of pics/info...Ted & Bob, two good flying buddies to keep you motivated/help you remember how to talk on the radio...Ted & Jim. I live out in the boonies and don't know how I would have accomplished it all without the internet and VAF.

Thanks guys. I will make sure he has your info. Bob, we just couldn't find a time for the fly-in that worked so we will plan for an extra special one next year and save you a parking place.

John, I'm about a 2 hr drive from the Akron-Canton area, pass along my contact info. Would enjoy setting up a visit.

-Andy

Local chapters

Plenty of RV experience in and around NEO, hit up the chapters. That's what I did!

Rick 90432, 9A, Bay Village, about an hour from CAK (and U of A alum)

Hi All,

I'm Tom and new to posting threads; sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thanks to John for starting this one out. I started my RV-10 project in October as John stated and I'm having a great time building as well as spending time with family and friends who are helping out.

Thanks to all who replied, I'm looking forward to meeting many of you and learning from your experience.

Hi All,

I'm Tom and new to posting threads; sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thanks to John for starting this one out. I started my RV-10 project in October as John stated and I'm having a great time building as well as spending time with family and friends who are helping out.

Thanks to all who replied, I'm looking forward to meeting many of you and learning from your experience.

There are two RV-10s at KDLZ that are about 90% done. Email or PM me if you would like to stop by. Also, check out Geoff's site aerosportproducts.com and get you check book out. Geoff is based at KLHQ if you want to see a flying RV-10. Hopefully, we'll have another flying RV-10 at KPMH later this week.

bob

Last edited:
Back