What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rv-10 aileron trim servo location

fehdxl

Well Known Member
Just finished up the wings (mostly) and getting ready to order the fuselage.

A couple quick questions for the group.

1-Where is the aileron trim servo located on the -10? I know the elevator trim is next to the batter box behind the bagage compartment bulkhead.

2-Should I have ordered the 'electric aileron trim' option from Van's for $320 with my wing kit a couple years back? I thought that the -10 only had electric trim...so why would it be an option?

Thanks for your time!

-Jim

The aileron trim servo gets mounted on one of the wing inspection plates and attaches to the pushtube with a couple of springs. The elevator trim servo actually mounts on a fixture that attaches below the aft deck on the tailcone (below where the HS attaches). It's the AP pitch servo that attaches just aft of the battery.

The electric aileron trim can be added at any time but you'll need to remove the pushtube that runs from the wingroot out to the bellcrank in order to be able to install the spring attach brackets. I'm not aware of any manual trim option for this.

Bob
N442PM (flying)

thanks

Thanks Bob!

You're right, I mis-remembered the a/p bracket vice the trim way in the back.

I'll order up the trim with the fuselage...still makes me wonder why it's an option? I guess because we don't *really* need aileron trim I suppose.

Thanks again.

-Jim

Mike, You bring up a good point that I hadn't thought of... but wouldn't it still be out of trim whenever the autopilot is turned off? Not necessarily an issue, but just an input into the decision matrix. Thanks! -Jim

Back