What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 A/C: final thread!!

Jeffreymd

after working out all the bugs in my 10, i was down to a small a/c leak. i've made post in the past about it. now i'll make one last post and i'll leave it alone. after pulling my hair out over this, i found it. come to find out, it was in the scoop on the bottom of the plane. no wonder the dye never showed up....it blew out into thin air. after pressure testing the scoop. we found that the guy who helped with my build(don't ask for any names) had left out one O-ring. after all this, it was a missed rubber o-ring. man, if your building an airplane, pay attention to the details!!!! when you think you've checked everything...think about the things that just can't have anything to do with it and that's where you'll find the problem. you know what i mean. what a learning experience!! with these 100 degree days, it's well worth the extra 5 grand for an air condition system. you've got to feel it to believe it....i promise!!!! PS- i'd like to say thanks to bill genevro at airflow systems for putting up with me and hanging in there. i'll be sending the spare a/c system back to you this week. :) jeff

Last edited:
Back