What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rust Prevention

MJarreau

Well Known Member
For those of you who live in the southeast, do you have issues in rust prevention on your tools? If so, how did you address it?

Thanks,
Michael

Shop tempature control. Tools get cold, then the next warm front condenses water on them just like a16oz gin and tonic glass (two limes please ;))

I had problems with my tools rusting in my hangar. I used silica gel dehumidifiers which worked but needed 'recharging' every three months or so. I switched to putting Bullfrog rust blocker strips in the drawers of my toolbox. I haven't had a problem since. I just have to remember to change them every year.

Does Southeast Texas (on the coast) count?

I find a huge difference if I leave the tools out (they rust) versus keeping them in a closed toolbox (they don't). I try to keep them put away, especially during those condensing times that Dan mentions.

Shop tempature control. Tools get cold, then the next warm front condenses water on them just like a16oz gin and tonic glass (two limes please ;))

Crown and Coke for me, please. Half and half, tall glass, keep 'em coming.

Get an insulated glass, it won't dribble water on you when you drink. :cool:

Tools? I keep mine in closed toolboxes when not in use, haven't had a problem yet but I live in fairly dry west Texas.

Back