What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder trailing edge R-1006 from VA-140

Instructions say R-1006 is made from VA-140 but I don't see where the process of how to make it is described. The full VA-140 piece seems to be one hole longer than the rudder trailing edge needs to be. Is it simply trimmed? Is that process described anywhere?

https://i.imgur.com/7zwx5Xc.jpg

Check step 4 on page 7-6. Basically you just cleco the wedge into place on the skins, mark where the edge of the skin ends on the wedge, and then trim the wedge so that it's the right size. You'll end up doing this on all of the control surfaces because the VA-140 wedges that are provided aren't cut to size at the factory.

Oh and don't forget to final drill the trailing edge at the proper angle when you get to that step!

Check step 4 on page 7-6. Basically you just cleco the wedge into place on the skins, mark where the edge of the skin ends on the wedge, and then trim the wedge so that it's the right size. You'll end up doing this on all of the control surfaces because the VA-140 wedges that are provided aren't cut to size at the factory.

Oh and don't forget to final drill the trailing edge at the proper angle when you get to that step!

Wow, not sure how I missed that! Thanks

Back