What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder post

romper

I'm having a hard time installing the rudder post . The nylon brackets are impossible to fit on an then fit on the AC, any hints ?

When you say rudder posts, what exactly are you talking about? Since you mention nylon I'm guessing the rudder pedal bearing blocks?

Last edited:
rudder post

Todd, thanks for the reply. I'm on page 38-4 step 6 and I'm having a heck of a time getting those white nylon blocks mounted. Any hints? Bob Ashey

what is not working

I just put the blocks on the rudder pedals and move it into place. I do not remember this being a problem, although I could not get it to line up in one of the positions. Not sure if it was forward or aft, but it only seemed to go right in one of them.

Todd, thanks for the reply. I'm on page 38-4 step 6 and I'm having a heck of a time getting those white nylon blocks mounted. Any hints? Bob Ashey

You will have to give us a little more info to us so that we can provide advice.

What is giving you problems?

Can you install the F-1039B to the longeron?

Then can you install the F-1039A blocks to the F-1039B bracket?

They do fit tight around the tubes, but if you drilled the holes in Step 1 correctly they should align with the bracket.

I make notes on any difficult areas...

I went back to pg 38-4 and it says,"S*B to get blocks seated on rudder pedals and get 4 bolt holes lined up".

So if that is your problem...get a BIGGER hammer or take a little off of the ends of rudder pedal shafts. Hope this helps. Back to finishing my pants.

rudder post

after much head scratching and pondering I finally figured out that I had the
1039B bearing block mount plate in upside down. Do I feel stupid or what. DUH
The rudder pedal fits in there nicely now,
Thanks for all your replies, Good to know there is so much support out there
Romper:)

Back