What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal Retrofit

jetjok

Well Known Member
I have an early RV-6 with the floor mounted pedals and while they work just fine, they seriously cramp my legs on long flights. I have recently purchased a set of hanging rudder pedals that I would like to retrofit while I have the panel out. Unfortunately, I do not have the builders manual to show me what parts need to be installed for mounting and brake plumbing.
My review of the Vans website was not much assistance, but if need be I will call them and plead ignorance to try to get the proper drawings.
Would anyone happen to have the appropriate drawings that would show the parts and installation procedures? I would be willing to pay for copying and shipping, or if I can borrow that section of the manual I will reproduce it and send it back.
Surely I am not the first to attempt this and I would like to hear from anyone who has previously done this project. You can PM me or email me at
iflyu2there (at) yahoo. com.
Thanks in advance!

I've got the plans

Hi Mark,

I'm working on my -6 and have the plans for the overhead pedals. PM your address and I can send them to you. I've also got photos of my assembly on my photo website. I am installing the brake lines from Bonaco.

Back