What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rudder cables

skychick

I'm New Here
:confused:

working on installing the rudder cables and find that the spade end of the cable does not fit thru the bushings on the bulkheads.
Doeas anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this problem ??

Thanks

Ineke

Push the end through the grommet before you install the gromet in the bulkhead, this allows the grommet to deform so it can pass through

You'll need to remove the bushings from the bulkheads to get the cable through, then reinstall. With the bushings removed, they'll deform just enough to get the cable through.

-Rob

Yep.

Once they're out of the hole you'll be able to squeeze them into an oval shape and the spade will fit through. Then you can click them back into position.

You'll need to remove the bushings from the bulkheads to get the cable through, then reinstall. With the bushings removed, they'll deform just enough to get the cable through.

-Rob

Remove the bushing from the bulkhead, squeeze it a bit, and put the cable through it.

Now thread the cable through the bulkhead, and re-install the bushing in the bulkhead.

You guys jumped right on to that

I can't add anything to all those good responses other than I finished painting interior and ready to reinstall doors for good. Then more fg. Yeh.

:D

Thanks for all the good advice. Removed the bushings
( only destroyed one in the process) and fed the cables thru
as described. SIMPLE !! Should have been able to figure that one out
myself ........ DUH !!

Back