What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Cable

Brambo

Well Known Member
I'm at a point where I'd like to string the rudder cables, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the instructions where it says to put them in. The question I have is this - both ends of the ruddder cable are too big to fit through the -7 bushing, so what are you supposed to do - trim one end of the rudder cables to fit through the bushing or cut the bushing and fit it around the cable once it's strung through the bulkheads? Or perhaps there is another way I'm overlooking...

Bill Rambo
RV-7A

Bill:

The trick is to insert the cable through the bushing before you snap them into the bulkheads. You can compress the bushings, and then the cable will sneak through them.

Regards,

It is also a good idea to add a second bushing inside the larger one. You can do this by sawing a slot in the smaller one with a zona micro saw and slipping it over the cable. You then snap it into the larger one. The object of doing this is to add some extra plastic so the cable cuts the small bushing first. They will wear out over time. This was referenced in a recent RVator.

I don't remember the small size bushing. Sorry.

Roberta

Good point Roberta. I will add that to my 6A when I get it back from the paint shop.

Been to RYV lately?? I miss my airplane...... :(

Back