What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Cable Rigging

txaviator

Well Known Member
On page 32-12, Figure 1, you can see the best example to illustrate my question. After the individual rudder cables are connected to their respective pedals, they run aft, immediately through black snap bushings in the bulkhead. It appears these cables will have tense contact with the snap bushings. If I'm correct, won't the braided cables eventually 'saw' their way through the bushings? In other words, while setting up the rigging for final install, the cables appear to pass through the bushings making contact, versus being tight within the middle of the plastic pass-through bushings. Thoughts?

I've searched the archives and perhaps I'm not typing in the correct search terms, but so far I've come up empty in my search. Thanks in advance.

Mine do that too, so I assume that's how they are intended to work. It might be worth rotating the snap bushings a bit at each annual.

Thanks, Robert. You're our RV-12 brutha from down under!

You're correct! It's surely something to check at the annual.

Take care,

That's the common way that rudder pedal cables are strung in the cabin on most of Van's designs. It has not been a problem.

However, I have in the past taken some of the harder plastic tubing, slit it lengthwise, and glued it to the rudder cable where it passes through the bulkhead. I haven't done this on my Rv-12 but I did do this on my Rocket.

Back