What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Bottom without Light Cutout

I am starting a rv10. I plan to put zip top on the wings. Since they have a rear facing white light I was wondering if anyone makes a replace bottom for the rudder without a light? I found one on Vans but it doesn’t appear to work on the 10.

I’m putting zip tips on my rv-7a project and I cut the light fairing off my rudder cap and re-glassed it. Alittle bit of work but turned out nice

I am starting a rv10. I plan to put zip top on the wings. Since they have a rear facing white light I was wondering if anyone makes a replace bottom for the rudder without a light? I found one on Vans but it doesn’t appear to work on the 10.
Sure, using Zip TIPS on the wing tips makes the rear bottom rudder fairing light not needed but can you reglass that fairing and make it look OEM? It does add a degree of safety.

I have Zip Tips on my RV-8 and was able to purchase a rudder bottom from Van’s without the light mounting flaring. Don’t know about the availability for the RV-10 though.

Back