What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RSA-5 Fuel Injector nozzle alignment

plehrke

Well Known Member
Patron
I have the older one piece fuel injection nozzles. They have a letter "A" stamped on on flat of the wrenching hex. Putting them back after cleaning the Operations and Service Manual says "Tighten and torque to 60 in-lbs. Refer to manufacturer's maintenance manual for "A" alignment." I do not have the manufacturer's maintenance manual or been able to find it online. In the Training Manual, which is online page 21, it states "The letter "A" found stamped on one flat of the wrenching hex is located 180 degrees from the air bleed hole in the nozzle body. After final torque, the air bleed should be positioned upward ("A" on the bottom) so that residual fuel trapped in the line can not drip out. .. . "

If I torque to 60 in-lbs then the flat with the "A" will not necessarily be in a particular position. Plus the nozzles are almost vertical so what is "on the bottom" mean. Also the nozzle is symetric so what is the air bleed hole that the "A" needs to be 180 degrees from?
Does anyone have a place to find/buy the RSA-5 manufacturer's maintenance manual?
How do you position the "A" on the nozzle?

Back