What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Routing wires from wing to fuselage?

rv6ehguy

Well Known Member
Good evening fellow RVators,
Does anyone know if there are any issues with drilling a 5/8” hole on each side of the fuselage at the base of the wing to run some pvc conduit into the fuselage. The purpose of this is to run wires from the wing to under the cockpit floor and ultimately to the panel. Any advice will be appreciated
John Van Lieshout
RV6A QB 85% complete
AeroSport Power IO-375 195 hp
2 screen Garmin EFIS with Garmin avionics
Still looking for a prop

No problem drilling holes there. I used snap bushings, but that's a personal preference. Just make sure you've considered how to keep any wires clear of the controls and you'll have no issues.

for reference, The 7 already has a tooling hole in the rib that you're supposed to enlarge to 5/8 here's the approximate location.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 8.39.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 8.39.33 PM.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 41
Tooling hole

for reference, The 7 already has a tooling hole in the rib that you're supposed to enlarge to 5/8 here's the approximate location.

That's where mine is drilled. However, double check the hole in the skin and the hole in the rib. Mine didn't line up. They were close enough the final hole removed both but it required some careful hole work.

Back