What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Routing Conduit

4 each 3/4" conduits?

I am getting ready to complete this step also but am leaning toward using the 3/4" holes in the various bulkheads (that the instructions have you put the snap bushings in). The Van's black conduit will fit snug into these, locking nicely between the corrugations. The only issue is how to get several feet of conduit through these tight fits. I am planning to try to crease the conduit lengthwise to reduce it's OD, then thread it through the various holes, then apply a small amount of air pressure to it to reinflate it. Another option would be to buy the connectors you can get at Lowes and see if they would work for connecting conduit across the bulkhead holes. I like the idea of continuous conduit though, so I will work on the first option first. There is room for two of these each side and I can't see how I would need more room than that... we'll see.

Hey Bryan,

I'll shoot another video to show you how I did it. I'm in the process of wrapping it up right now.

How much time do you have before you get to the step? I should be done this weekend.

Phil

Anytime

I could do it anytime. You know how it is - 1000 things you could be doing at any one time, so there is always fill-in work until you are REALLY ready to do that step that requires some extra thought, planning, or special tool. I need to mount the com antenna doublers under the seat pans and finish prepping the seat and baggage floor pans before I'm ready to rivet them. I also need to route my conduit before riveting down the floors. I will try my idea on the conduit this weekend and, if it works, post some pics.

Cool.. I'd suggest leaving the steps out until you get the conduit ran. I finally removed mine last night to get some extra access to the area.

I'm pretty sure it saved me a couple of gray hairs.

Yup

Yep, I have left the steps out for that reason plus banged shins. I just have to remember to mount them before installing the floors!

Back