What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Routing AOA plumbing and Leading Edge Light through Wing Spar

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
How have people been routing the AOA plumbing and a leading edge light (duckworks) from their leading edge through the wing spar to a wire run/chase to the fuselage? There's a few small holes in the spar in a few outboard bays, but there are no snap bushings that fit and none seem to fit both AOA plumbing tubes let alone an eletrical cable. Are people drilling these to a slightly larger size? Specifically, can the the other 9/32" holes in the spar be enlarged to 3/8" like the hole enlarged for the Stall warning/Pitot system?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
You can move the the HID wires aft inside the wingtip so you can run them through the conduit or utilize the tooling holes in the ribs. For the aoa you can resize the existing holes holes in the spar to the size that was used in the left spar ( I don't remember what size, probably 1/4 inch.) then use the unused holes that were used for the pitot in the left wing.

I agree with the above posts. I was also not happy with the flexibility of the AOA tubing (well, I mean I think the tubing is fine but I didn't want to leave it unsupported between ribs, etc), so I'm installing small-diameter split-tubing conduit for it.

I've run both HID wires & AOA hoses out to wingtip and back down the rear of the wing through conduit.
P.S. I'll never use the black corrugated conduit again. Something with smooth walls next time.

We ran our HID wires out the end of the wing tip and into the conduit too. As for the AOA tube, drilled holes in the ribs near the holes that are already in place for the pitot tube as seen in the picture below:

wingroot.png

Back