What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax registration

JRo

Well Known Member
I took particular note of the thread relating to Rotax registration & 25 hour inspection/oil change.

I am all alone out here in the countryside with no experience, no nearby builders, and no Rotax dealer. That said, I wanna be sure not to miss anything on this very costly engine! Do you suppose Vans registered my engine at the time of sale? Or if I must do it, how do I go about it?

Any other tips for a brand new RV-12 flier appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim R.
N448JR
flight testing complete

Rotax Engine Registration

Look through the paper work with your engine for the registration form - it will have your serial number printed on it.

I suggest that you partially fill it out and return it to Van's who will complete it and file with Rotax. Within a few weeks you'll get an email confirming the registration is on file with Rotax for warrenty etc...

Hi Mich,

Thanks for posting that.
Anyone can register their engine. A few aircraft Mfg's have been very helpful in doing so for their customers. Everyone falls under some distributor's region. You can send in your paperwork and some you can call and they'll help. Which ever you choose just follow up and just make sure. It may take a little while to get in the system, but the site Mich posted is a good place to double check.
Everyone should have received registration paperwork with their new Rotax engine and even if you didn't you can still register your engine.

Hi Jro,
Where do you live and if you need help maybe we can direct you to your nearest Rotax distributor for assistance.

Back in August '13 when I received my RV-12 Documentation Kit, Cynthia at Van's urged me to fill-out my ROTAX registration card and return it to her.

Back