What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax first start

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I started the 12 yesterday for the first time, everything was normal but fuel pressure. It was showing 7.2 psi, if I pulled the fuel pump fuse it would drop to about 6.7. I believe this is double the normal pressure.

Do not believe the displayed fuel pressure. The pressure senders are notoriously inaccurate. Verify with another gauge.

My experience was about the same. After an hour or so the pressure settled at about 5.5 psi. In the interim, I found that with the use of the new engine driven pump, the max allowable fuel pressure was raised to .5 bar, appx 7.25 psi. I increased the preset top of the green in the Skyview settings to 6.25 psi.

Now my problem is random low pressure warnings which I haven't solved.

Reliability of fuel pressure readings

Now my problem is random low pressure warnings which I haven't solved.

Been trying to track that down too. Seems everytime I decend from altitude, I experience a short period of very erratic/low pressure readings. Fairly certain its a senor issue and not a real engine performance concern. Returns to normal within a few minutes and is not proportional to engine RPM, but its almost something I can predict every time I reduce altitude. Saving Skyview recordings and charting these.

Sender issues??

I believe the notice came out from Dynon about a serial number range of fuel pressure senders that were acting up on climb out and during altitude changes. The bulletin noted there have been only a few senders acting up but something to look into for those with fluctuating readings during altitude changes.

Sorry I don't have the information in front of me...its at the airport. FYI

Last edited:
Back