What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax Engine Warranty extension

lewy

Well Known Member
Hello, since Skyview is the only option now, we have decided to order the firewall forward kit while waiting for Skyview. Is it possible to get a extension on the warranty of the engine, I searched the forums but probably looking in the wrong places, thanks Don Lewis

Rotax warranty extension

Once having received your engine you have the option of registering it on-line. The on-line registration allows you to request a homebuilders warranty extension, their words off the website:
Homebuilders may be eligible to receive a warranty deferment that postpones the start of the warranty period until the aircraft is finished and operational.

If a warranty question arises the website indicates the following info may be needed by the authorized Rotax Service Center:
1. Proof of engine purchase
2. Documentation showing proof of first operation date

• special airworthiness certificate (i.e. FAA sign-off)
    certified true copy of aircraft log book page
3. Completed installation checklists

Last edited:
As I found out after lots of false information, the warranty for use in a homebuilt does not start until you fire it up, that is for months and hours time. That information is not contained in the normal warranty section, but in a separate part of the Rotax manual.

Back