What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax Alt power

Ok so you're limited to 18 amps max? With the aux alt you can generate up to 40 amps. Just curious...

yes, the rectifier/regulator is limited to 22amps. Rotax offers an alternator option but if you were going RV12 ELSA you would have to wait until it was signed off, then you could add it on.

BTW, the external alternator pully won't fit on the prop flange if you have the mounting lugs pressed into it. Not sure if the RV12's 912 uses those lugs but if it does you're SOL on adding the external alternator.

Don't ask me why I know this.

LS

BTW, the external alternator pully won't fit on the prop flange if you have the mounting lugs pressed into it. Not sure if the RV12's 912 uses those lugs but if it does you're SOL on adding the external alternator.

Don't ask me why I know this.

LS

The lugs are not pressed on in this application so it just might work in this application. Not sure why you would need it unless you plan on adding a ton more electrical stuff. With the new LED lights we should have plenty of power. An alternator would be "electrically quieter", but the -12 is not bad stock.

Back