What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Room for Another New Builder?

MatthewD

Hi all, I just ordered my empennage kit today and started shopping for tools! I am looking forward to getting started and I can't wait to fly my own RV-7 :D Talk to ya'll soon!

Enjoy your new addiction, um, hobby!

MatthewD said:
Hi all, I just ordered my empennage kit today and started shopping for tools! I am looking forward to getting started and I can't wait to fly my own RV-7 :D Talk to ya'll soon!

Glad to have you. Shout if you need help...most of us did. Some of us still do!

Cheers,
Martin

steady as she goes

study the plans and manual completely as you go. later they quit telling you the obvious like flute dimple flange prime and such. so easy does it and you'll have no problems good luck

Welcome to the adventure

Howdy Matthew,
I just set our RV 7 on its wheels yesterday, two front one tail, the grin is starting !
I Attended an EAA Sport workshop and to this day I use the skills learned to build our airplane. I learned about Avery Tools at that workshop and highly reccomend them, in fact I purchased there RV builders tool kit. Its all about the tools and they are RV builders so they know what tools will be needed and good quality tools build good airplanes.
Good luck and remember, patience,planning,percerverence, and learn to enjoy the experience. See you at Oshkosh.
Hal and Carol Ann

Matthew & Larry: Welcome to actually building!

Well, the journey begings.Welcome!
BTW, I tell my wife "I'm going into the shop to stare at the plans for an hour or so". Its true.....no it's true I stare at the plans for hours. It takes that long for things to "gell" in my mind. You'll see! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys!

My dad Larry, my brother Shane and I are partners in the airplane and we are all excited about getting started. Hopefully with all 3 of us pulling together we can keep up the work pace and help keep each other motivated. My Dad is retired so he can spend alot more time building than we can and if its like all of our other projects, a good building pace can be established.
What's cool is that we all 3 live within yards of our shop at my construction business so since we pretty well live at the shop anyway, finding time to work on the RV-7 project should be a non-issue.

Thx again for the replys and see you soon, Dane

Last edited:
Welcome to the club

Matthew,
Glad to see you finally pulled the trigger on the RV7. I know you were trying to decide between the 9 and 7. I also live in Greenville, so if you need extra help, just let me know. I am one of your customers, so you have my number.

Good luck and have fun!!

Back