What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

roll bar shim

Trevor778

Well Known Member
I'm fighting with my roll bar on my slider. I have it drilled and positioned properly, and in the instructions it says to add shims to the base of the roll bar to make it square with the longeron if required. I can't find anything on the search that helps me out. Has anyone else out there needed to add a shim to their roll bar to square it to their longeron? I need to add a tapered .063 shim to get it square. How will this effect the canopy frame fit? Is it too late to build a tipper? (just kidding, I want to look cool taxiing down the ramp ;)

as always, thanks for the help.

Trevor

Trevor,

I installed my roll bar a month or so ago but did not need to shim it. I suspect others also did not - thus the lack of response.

You will be adjusting the canopy height once the canopy is attached to the slider. Getting the roll bar squared up is essential to the two mating together.

My slider needed a .020" shim under the rear part of the right side weldment to get it square. Shown here before final trimming. Bonded it in place with Hysol structural adhesive.

10hm7oj.jpg

Back