What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Roll Bar Question

shiney

Well Known Member
I'm a bit confused with the drawings 39 and 40 for making the roll bar.
I'm making the F631-C, on one drawing it shows the dimensions to drill for 2 x A509-10R10 and nothing else. However, on the other drawing (40) two more drills holes for for AS09-8R8 screws are shown. Now try as I might, I cannot see anywhere for the detail of these two drill holes, my wife has said that I have probably done a "man look"! have I ?

Martin

The rear holes will be behind the skin and the front two will be drilled in assembly with the skin. If you look closely on the full size plans you will see a note 1 & 2. You wont be able to drill the two front holes until you fit the skin and the roll bar.

Tbone, like my wife said, I did a "man look"! Sometimes you just can't see the wood for the trees!

Many thanks

Martin

Read the manual cause there are some pretty specific hole sizes to drill since you'll also be tapping those holes.

Yup. Just had to buy the #29 drill bit for the 8R8 tapped hole. S'pose I'll ever use it again? :(

Terry

I changed mine a bit, and did NOT tap the holes. Instead, I'm going to use a nut on the inside. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of material to thread, so I drilled the normal size holes for the screws, and I'll use a nut. Just another way to do it...:)

Back