What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rochester, MN

petehowell

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

I am headed to Rochester, MN to give my buddy undergoing cancer treatment at Mayo a plane ride. I'm just coming from Minne, so I won't need any $7! avgas. Is there a place to meet my buddy where I can avoid the $25 handling fee at Signature?

Thanks!

You might try Dodge Center. I don't have any connections, but I know some of the guys in EAA chapter 100 fly out of there. You might check their website and make a few calls. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Thanks Diamond,

For ease of logistics, we'll just use Signature. I've spent $25 on things far less important!

You might try Dodge Center. I don't have any connections, but I know some of the guys in EAA chapter 100 fly out of there. You might check their website and make a few calls. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Hey, Pete. I would mention to the girls behind the desk at Signature what you're doing and I'm sure they'll waive the ramp fee. Sometimes the novelty of an RV showing up at a Signature is enough to do the trick. I know they will for PnP flights. :)

Pete, it's been many years since I flew into Rochester, but when I did, they had the "landing fee" then also. I simply dropped someone off, and picked up someone else, and they never charged me.

I flew in to Signature at KRST when I was getting my PPL, and they always waived the fees for student pilots.

Can't hurt to ask if there is a charge for a quick drop off like that.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the replies. It has turned into a little more than a quick turn.

I'll see what they say - they have been a big help in coordinating dinner and logistics(super service!) If they waive it great, if not, I will not feel cheated.

Great Day!

The visit to Rochester Mayo to see my friend undergoing Chemo and radiation came off great! The weather was the best in weeks and the people at Signature could not have been nicer. They waived the fees before I could ask. They treated my buddy great before I arrived, and had some great box dinners waiting when we got back from our plane ride!

A few pics.....

Cloud surfing on the way down
20130416_153330.jpg

My buddy Steve - best friend from college, college professor, and soon to be victor over cancer. Has relearned to walk in the last month and scrambled into the RV like a kid on Mountain Dew!

We all agree he is "Mental"
IMG_1847.jpg

I pretended to know what I was doing......
IMG_1846.jpg

Did a flyover of his niece's and nephew's track meet!
IMG_1844.jpg

Best day I have had in a long time!!!

The pictures and writeup stirred my emotions, Pete...thanks.

Best wishes and prayers for your friend as well.

Back