What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RoadRunner Transportation is awesome!

sbalmos

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I just had to put out a quick write-up about RoadRunner Transportation. These guys are great! I just had my wings delivered this morning. Even though I was ready to drill in castor wheels, like other builders have mentioned, the driver said not to worry about it. He had the big crate on a hand truck, and the spar/longeron box had two pairs of moving sling straps. A little bit of help (surprisingly little) from my father and I, and they were both maneuvered onto the liftgate. Delivery straight into my garage, and I had to practically shove a $20 into the driver's hand for having everything so perfectly orchestrated. Wanted to give him $40, but I'd have to get the staple gun out to get the driver to take it then. :)

And I won't even mention the discount from the bill that Van's has set up through RoadRunner. Don't know if it's on par with Estes, ABF, or the others. But it was *massive*. Practically cross-country from the factory to Cincinnati for a few hundred bucks. And their terminal, come to find out, is just around the corner from Butler County Airport, where I'll eventually end up.

Thanks a bunch to RoadRunner!!!

Scott,

Please provide that feedback to Anne and Barb at Van's. They are on a constant look out for ways to ship that are less expensive and are a good value. Without feedback, all they have is pricing information.

I know when I ordered my kits, both of them were very helpful in managing shipping costs.

bob

Done Bob. Thanks for letting me know who exactly to write the note to at Van's.

They were terrible on my end! Did not want to deliver because I was in a Residential area. Fussed at me because they had to use a pick-up to bring out my order. Top it off; they held it for 2 days at the terminal!

Back