What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rivets @ Stringer/Bulkheads

sprint27c

Finally getting around to riveting the skeleton together prior to fitting fuselage skins. However, if I rivet the stringer/j-channels to the bulkheads I will not be able to rivet the skin in this location later. I assume in that case I just space skin-to-stringer rivets around the bulkhead-to-stringer rivet.

However, I have been looking at some online pics and some builders appear to have been able to rivet all three together (bulkhead, stringer, skin) at these intersections.

What is the desired way to do this?

Finally getting around to riveting the skeleton together prior to fitting fuselage skins. However, if I rivet the stringer/j-channels to the bulkheads I will not be able to rivet the skin in this location later. I assume in that case I just space skin-to-stringer rivets around the bulkhead-to-stringer rivet.

However, I have been looking at some online pics and some builders appear to have been able to rivet all three together (bulkhead, stringer, skin) at these intersections.

What is the desired way to do this?

I put an intermediate rivet between the normal spacing and drove that one before skinning. Do not put a hole in the skin for it. It will hold the under structure together. It worked well for me.:)

Back