What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Riveting Seat Floor Assemblies to CS Bulkhead

DHeal

Well Known Member
Patron
A question: When you rivet the left and right seat floor assemblies to the forward face of the CS bulkhead (P.21-08 Step 5), do the manufactured heads have to be on the INSIDE (i.e., AFT face) of the CS bulkhead -- similar to the rivet head positioning of the baggage floor ribs to the CS bulkhead required for landing gear crossbeam clearance (P.21-02 Step 4)? The plans don't indicate a specific rivet head direction leading me to believe that it doesn't matter here.

I'll also ask Van's in the morning.

Thanks! -- David

Me again -- I revisited a couple of the RV-12 builder sites and it appears that it is easiest to rivet the seat ribs to the bulkhead with the manufactured heads inside the tunnel and then to rivet the top line of the seat floor attach rivets with the manufactured heads pointing forward.

Onward and upward! -- David

Usually the plans call out which way the rivets go, but I remember a few areas where it as much easier to reverse the pulled rivets. My main consideration was the plans, then what looked better or what can you see.

Build on!

Back