What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Riveting mistake. Pls help

osaleh

hi, i am working on the rudder currently, attaching and riveting the reinforcment plate R606,607 and 608 to R-902. I realized that the AN740 rivets i used, i riveted them with the manufactured head on the aft side of the R902 spar. Do i have to drill them out? i figure the shop head on the front side of the spar will be covered anyways by the leading edge of the rudder, but i need to be sure. Any suggestions please?

hi, i am working on the rudder currently, attaching and riveting the reinforcment plate R606,607 and 608 to R-902. I realized that the AN740 rivets i used, i riveted them with the manufactured head on the aft side of the R902 spar. Do i have to drill them out? i figure the shop head on the front side of the spar will be covered anyways by the leading edge of the rudder, but i need to be sure. Any suggestions please?

Build on. This isn't a mistake, just a builder preference. Of no consequence.

General rule of thumb is to place the shop head on the thicker material, but this rule can and will be broken occasionally during your build. Like Scott said, build on. No consequence.

Back