What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Right side brakes

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
Is there a kit to buy from Vans that supplies everything I need to install the right side brakes or do I need to order the parts individually?

There is a kit. It's basically just another set of master cylinders, pedals, and some fittings and extra plastic line.

Search "brake dual overhead". in the online store.

I just looked at the link you provided and it says "on backorder" which isn't the same thing as not available.

I ordered the SB00036 kit from them last month. At the time it also said "back ordered" but it showed up at my house about a week later.

Seems like a phone call to Vans would probably get you a clearer picture of lead time and availability.

In my experience, many "kits" are listed as "On Backorder" not because any individual part or parts are unavailable but simply because Van's doesn't keep them on the shelf as an already picked collection of parts.

When you place the order, someone goes and picks each individual part and assembles the kit.

In other words, place the order and it will likely be fulfilled.

Back